Hazel Burns Hospice is a community, volunteer based Charitable Organization providing in-home, compassionate care for people coping with a life limiting illness. We provide the following services:
– Emotional and physical support by professional staff
– Counseling the individual, family, or caregiver in coping with the challenges of ongoing changes and losses in daily living, and with the grieving process both the physical & emotional, and the mental impact before and after the death
– The development of the skills needed for dealing with grief and loss
– Offering caregiver Support Groups, which provide compassionate peer support with an educational component given by professionals in the community
– Collaboration with other service providers to ensure continuity of care
– Advocacy for needed services offered by the community
– Respecting personal, cultural, religious beliefs, practices and values
We are committed to giving clients directed care, so they can maintain as much control as possible, keep their dignity and have a quality of life until death.
Hazel Burns Hospice does not require a fee for any of its services, which are provided to all terminally ill people regardless of age, status or community.
Hazel Burns Hospice strives to empower those suffering from a life limiting illness, and their families, to live better until they die.